Sunday 17 March 2013

1st real Vacation - Day 5

The saddest (and perhaps most interesting) part of this whole business is that Roomie and I always get back to the room and then sit up for a while to talk about different things (life, men, friendships, culture, etc) and then we do some work. I can’t figure out what the problem is. I can understand staying up late to talk and gist but to work, really? I’ve been accused of been a workaholic but I can’t believe it’s this bad. I actually consider myself to be lazy. Whatever, I’m not maximizing the little sleep time I leave myself anyway.

Despite the fact that I slept so late, I still didn’t sleep well.  Rubbish. Went to the gym and that woke me up. But after taking a bath, I was relaxed and ready to sleep except it was time for the day’s conference.  Aaaaaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhh. I’m now living on coffee. It’s the only way to stay awake. I’m making it as thick and as black as possible. Dude2 has become my doctor but his prescription is always the same – sip water continuously.

On the bright side though, BF and I are no longer fighting and that’s bliss. Of course, quarrels leave an after taste that takes a while to clear but the bond is strong and the aftertaste will give way to a stronger bond. We’ll work through it.

No group plans today but roomie, Dude1 and I have a plan. Off we go, by cable car, to a nearby island for some indoor sky-diving. Really cool. Dunno which is cooler – the cable car ride or the sky-diving. Can’t tell. Cable car is fantastic and it was my first time in one. I don’t know how to swim so being above water always feels a little scary but I think I managed this one well. We went over a cruise ship - life definitely is good when you have money and take time to enjoy it. I’ll get there someday. For now, I have to settle for flying.

Didn’t know indoor sky diving took so much. Actually, self-flight is a more appropriate description since you don’t actually dive. All you do is propel yourself gently into a stream of fast moving air and spread your body in a way that lends itself to floating. We had to get trained before the actual flight and then we watched other people take a go at it. Waiting was annoying but the actual flight was cool. I got to fly a bit high. I guess I managed to relax. Progress.

Afterwards, we had dinner with Dude1’s friend and then we all hung out. I learnt a very important lesson from Dude1 that night; if I want to have a good life and a good marriage, then it is important that my partner and I understand what is core to each of us and then create an environment that supports that core. Simple but profound.  I think I learnt a lot more but if you want to know what else, contact dude1 directly or ask me. If you ask me, you have to pay though. I’m not giving it out free *tongue sticking out*.

Oh and by the way, you should see this. If something similar happens to you, it could be me. Hehehehe. Love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment