Thursday 14 March 2013

1st real Vacation - Day 2


Jet lag is a bitch, I still didn’t get much sleep. Thought I would go to bed early but group decides to go on a safari after class. Who am I to say no to fun? So after class, off we went. I’m terrified of animals so even in the cart taking us around, I was freaking out. Btw, I got into a fight with BF. That always messes me up without fail. What made it worse is that the fight was so unnecessary, could have been avoided. I love him more than hershey's special dark chocolate with almonds; and that's a big deal if you know me. Anyway, that’s gist for another day. What I learnt from the experience is that I still have a lot to learn about managing my relationship. I digress.

The safari was fantastic. There’s something thrilling about seeing animals in their “natural habitat”. And since it was at night, most of them were active. Cool stuff. The highlight of the night however was a performance by yours-truly. Saw an animal show involving live animals and a python or some snake equally big was going to be brought out of a hole in front of the row I was seated on. What the heck?!!!!!!!!!! Poor woman sitting beside me almost had her hand pulled off. I also hear I was screaming – I have no recollection of that though.

Safari done and I can’t find roomie. I had no local currency on me. Big shoot! Luckily, Dude1 is going my way and decides it’s fine if I can’t split the cab fare. My BF is not the only good guy in the world after all. Lol. God bless good people.

1 comment:

  1. "There’s something thrilling about seeing animals in their “natural habitat”. And since it was at night, most of them were active. Cool stuff"

    In some creepy way this seems to say more about us(humans) than our distant cousins at the safari. Lwkmd ooo

    ReplyDelete