Saturday 16 March 2013

1st real Vacation - Day 4


Before I start, I have a message for Dude1 from the friend I had him hooked up with in my head. Dude1, if per chance you are real, here’s something for you to work on. So her reaction went something like “Oh Cutie, now you’ve got my attention... Dude1 sounds like a perfect guy... I’m in love... What? He’s married?... Noooooooo! He’s wife is such a lucky woman...Does  he have friends like him?” So please Dude1, tell us if you have good friends like you that are interested in meeting a lovely girl. My friend is real cute too.

Back to my story.
I’m on coffee now. I need to explain why that is such a big deal. I hardly ever drink coffee because it makes me nervous and if I have caffeine in the afternoon, it keeps me awake at night. But I had to drink coffee, it was the only way to keep my eyes open. I still didn’t sleep well you know. How long does jet lag last? I thought it was supposed to clear in about three days. I don’t understand my body. Dude2 advised me to keep sipping water as I drank coffee to keep my hands from shaking. I think that helped a bit but I had a massive heart burn. Small price to pay for being active in the session.

There was an interesting occurrence during the session today. Usually, the facilitator tries to answer all questions raised during discussions but whenever the questioning session went on too long or the person who raised the question was not satisfied, he invited him/her to discuss it at the end of the day so the session could move on. Now, there was this guy who had been a pain in the back side of all those who got to work with him. My group particularly found him troublesome, arrogant and the epitome of assholism.  However, we tried to manage him without losing our cool. Kudos to us ‘cause that was no mean feat.  Anyway, he chose to display his arrogance and hard-headedness to the facilitator who is known not to suffer fools gladly. The facilitator did try to manage him and explained that they would have to continue the conversation later so the session could move on but when Mr. Hard-head would not listen, the facilitator burst out saying “f*^k you”! I had to stop myself from bursting out into laughter. I was happy because somebody finally had the guts to be politically incorrect and tell the arse-swipe to f*^k off. *yay*.

By the end of the day, I’m tired (naturally) and melancholy too thanks to the never ending fight with BF and the verbal abuse I’m getting (at least that’s how it’s hitting me). I feel like screaming “Dude, you’re not the only one who’s angry!”. All this fighting is going to keep me awake at night now. I so hate fighting with him. Maybe that's why food stinks too. Shucks. Let's just kiss and make up. 

Group is going to a huge tourist attraction in town. Really nice place. Next time I visit, I must spend at least 1 night there. It’s such a beautiful place I promise you. Reminds me of Venice and the fact that I’m yet to go there (let’s add that to the list, shall we?). Nice shopping mall with water running in-between some of the shops. Lovely sight. As usual, we girls resumed window shopping. Sometimes though, window shopping when I don’t have money feels like torture. Why stare at beautiful things when you don’t have money for them? I guess I don’t get the concept of window shopping *shrug*. I managed to look around Victoria’s Secret and Swarovski with pleasure though and that’s ‘cause I love lingerie and gems. BF, take note *wink*.  Roomie did get a couple of things and I got to sample and choose for her. Dude1 dumped us for a little while which was fine. I also got to steal some me time and dumped roomie at some point.

On our way back, Dude1 sees some reverse bungee place and stops the cab. Off we go again. I was coerced into joining the “fun”. The experience of being shot into the air at 200km/hr, spun around and then dropped is a priceless one. Roomie is fearless (or she’s a good con), she said she wasn’t scared. Can’t say the same for myself. I think I got to learn what it feels like to get an adrenaline rush that night. Maybe someday, I’ll become an adrenaline junkie. That would be cool. Dude1’s legs are shaking afterwards and I like that. Girlfriend, this line is for you, Dude1 is not perfect, nobody is. Dude1, sorry, I just had to slip that in, forgive me.

Afterwards, we sat down and talked again. I think we like talking. I certainly do. Twas real cool and this time, we didn’t go in till 2am. Gets worse by the day.

Sweet dreams folks. I wonder if I snore. Roomie, do I snore?

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how bf isn't there at the scene but gets the most attention? ... #lucky dude#

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think she is stuck on the bf* I find the simple way she uses words to drift through the emotions fascinating and quite....

    ReplyDelete