Sunday 20 August 2023

Setting a Goal

Nothing fancy. We'll treat this as a journal.

What's my end goal? Live a life that has the best chance of
- Peace: I want a life that has the greatest chance to enjoy the peace of God. There will be trouble by default but I can rest in God's peace amidst that trouble.

- Joy: I want to create an atmosphere of joy around me and for my kids to enjoy. I have this picture of a kitchen island or dinning table that there's a lot of joy and laughter as you eat and interact. 

- Agency: I desire to have agency. To be able to make simple decisions and complex ones. I don't want to agonize over a dirty house if I can afford to pay a cleaner. I don't want to deprive the kids of a visit to the zoo because someone won't "approve" of it. I don't want to miss a trip of  lifetime to placate someone.

- Achievement: I want to truly live. There's so much that I believe I can achieve with God's help. I might not become World bank chair but I want to be able to try. Truly try. 

- Freedom: I want to live in the freedom and liberty of a child of God. God died for me to live free not to live in bandage. With great freedom comes great responsibility. This I know and am aware of. 

- Respect: I want to feel respected and whole. 

There are 2 ways this can work. Option 1 - Stay. And option 2 - leave. 


No comments:

Post a Comment