Sunday 7 April 2013

Tackling Phobias (1) - 2 down, 5 to go


Day 2

My oh my! I have a long way to go to reach my goals. Went by the gym today to get a customised program drawn up for me and although I’m generally fine, my fat statistics is mildly worse than average. I'm to work out @ least 3 times a week for about 80mins each time which sounds alright. But that's not the problem you see. I joined a 15mins abs workout class and I barely made it to the end. Ouch. My body aches terribly. I'm in trouble.

Picture me doing this in September - cool yea?
Credit -  http://www.thewolfrun.com/info/
Which reminds me about what I wanted to tell you yesterday. My career coach has invited me to join her in a 10k obstacle run in September. I looked it up and it looks fun but I need to be able to run 10km 1st. Right now, I can't even run 300m. I have no idea how we (it’s we isn’t it, me and her ;) ) are going to get me ready in time, but hey, why turn down a great challenge? Poor career coach is going to become a fitness coach now - I feel so sorry for her. Anyway, we just added another challenge to the list.  *yipee*

You may want to ask how the detox diet is going and I would like to tell you that right now, I’m swearing to myself and promising I’ll never do this to myself EVER again. But even I am not convinced. I’ve made such promises to myself and broken it over and over again. I’m so so hungry right now. I hate diets that leave you constantly hungry because they make you vulnerable to overeating. Anyway, I did manage to stick to the diet (for the most part) but since I had to work over night, I got super hungry and descended on almond nuts and peanut butter. I tried not to take too much but I should not have been eating it at all (according to the diet specifications, never mind that it’s healthy). Anyway, that wasn’t enough so at some point, I went to get a 90 calorie cereal bar. I’m sorry alright, I was famished. I’ll try harder tomorrow.

In my defense though, I did try real hard. I stepped out of the house and apparently that was a mistake because everywhere I went, there was good food cooking and smelling; stronger than ever. And when I got back home, my housemate was cooking up a storm. Sheer wickedness. I deserve a pat on the back for not falling to such strong temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment