Saturday 6 April 2013

Tackling Phobias (1) - 1 down, 6 to go

Long term target: Abs that look like this

Day 1
Body Stats
So as promised, I took my body measurements early this morning and here goes
Weight: 67.6 (that’s down from 70 which is cool)
BMI: 21.3
Body fat: 32.4% (that has to go down)
Muscle: 27.8% (needs to go up)
Recommended calories: 1449 (means I need to eat a lot less than average to lose weight, the world is not a fair place)
Visceral fat: 4 (whatever that means):

Chest: 36”
Waist: 29”
Lower abdomen: 32.9” (trouble spot L)
Hips: 39.6 (why the heck is this one reducing? Who asked it to? Rubbish...)

We’ll measure again on day 8

Target
For this week, shed some more stomach fat. Let's see where it gets us. If it's effective, I'll try it again.

Today’s menu
Breakfast: Egg white omelette with one slice of brown toast (no butter)
Lunch: Large vegetable salad and one small portion of chicken/ fish
Dinner: Fish pepper soup

In case you don’t know what fish peppersoup is, it’s same as soup without any thickener but where I’m from, we take a lot of pepper (chilli) so that’s the main spice. Basically, it’s fish + water + spices – no oil or carbs. The water does the trick of filling you up. *sigh* this should be fun *grimace*.  See, I’m not a glutton but I love good food. I just need to remind myself that this is for a good cause.

Actual breakfast
I’m not particularly a fan of toast so I had 2 light pancakes made from whole wheat flour and no sugar ;) + 3 egg whites – not as bad as I thought but I’ll put in some veggies next time. I’ll also have a cup of twinnings morning detox tea. I’m not allowed coffee and the likes. *sigh*. Time to work.

Lunch
This is not going well at all. I’m famished by lunch time and I have tonnes of work to do. Anyway, I chop some lettuce into a bowl, placed some baby lettuce over it and chopped some tomatoes and cucumber. Voila – lunch. Hahaha. No way I’ll eat just that but I want to be faithful. I decide to skip the cream and dressing and make a nice sauce with my fish allowance. To support the fish and enhance the taste, I add a few king prawns (chopped) and mushroom (I love them and they count as veggies, don’t they?). The sauce goes over the salad and it actually tastes good. But I’m worried because a large bowl still leaves me hungry. This isn’t good.

Dinner
Fish pepper soup as prescribed. One piece of fish only. Why o why did I decide to do this to myself? *sob*. Only 7 days Cutie, only 7 days and day 1 is gone. And remember, keep your eye on the prize.
I’m sorry guys, I’m too tired to type more than this. Let me give you tomorrow’s menu though.

Tomorrow’s menu
Breakfast: Fruit smoothie made with berries and skimmed or soy milk (looking forward to this 1 *grin*)
Lunch: Chicken pepper soup and raw or steamed
vegetablesDinner: Steamed vegetables and a small portion of white fish

Seems tomorrow will be alright. Oh, I just remembered I have something to tell you. We have another challenge on the list. I’ll tell you tomorrow.

Good night all. *eyes on the prize Cutie*.

No comments:

Post a Comment